In many states continuing education units, or CEU's, are an essential part of maintaining your professional registration / license. Check with your state technical board of registration to determine how many hours and in what specific areas of specialty are required to maintain the active status of your professional registration / license.
Even if your state has no requirements it's always a good idea to regularly attend seminars and presentations by product manufacturer's to:
* remain current with technological advances,
* stay informed on installation techniques,
* review lessons learned from failed installations,
* keep your specifications up to date,
* stay ahead of your clients,
* expand your material / product vocabulary,
* understand product performance and costs,
* stay familiar with emerging material design trends,
Many offices set up monthly lunch-&-learns that are hosted by the product representatives with some if not most of the presentations being AIA certified allowing your CEU for that presentation to be applicable to your yearly total requirement.
on-line class resources